Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
--C.S. Lewis--

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Apparently We've Lost On Global Warming

Even if we went back to the stone age today, it would take a milennia for us to recover. Oh well, then I guess there's no reason to keep trying to fight it, is there? If my grandkids and I are hosed anyway, then I'm gonna make darn sure that my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandkids feel the pain. Why should those spoiled little brats get off easy? Back in my day we didn't have all of their fancy flying cars and teleportation devices. We burned oil because THAT'S WHAT WE HAD AND WE LIKED IT!!!! Darn smart-alecky wont-be-born-for-800-years-yet brats...

On a slightly more serious note, at what point will the predictions get so silly and out of proportion to the actual data that people might begin to stop listening?

---Update---
Hey, wait a second. I just realized something. A thousand years? What a rip! The Obamessiah promised me that THIS was the moment when "the rise of the oceans began to slow and the planet began to heal."