Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
--C.S. Lewis--

Friday, August 29, 2008

Just A Comment

I'm elated that Sarah Palin is McCain's pick. Although the post got deleted when I re-started this blog, I did suggest her early on, as evidenced by the endorsement list over at the Draft Sarah Palin blog. However, I do want to make one point. While I think she'll make a great VP, it would be dishonest to not admit that she was chosen largely for her gender. That saddens me a little, because I dislike identity politics no matter who it is playing the game.