Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
--C.S. Lewis--

Monday, May 26, 2008

Re-launch

Ok, we're giving this another try. As some of you may have noticed, this blog pretty much fizzled out when I got married. Apparently having a wife cuts down on your free time. Who knew?

Now that things have settled down, I'm going to give this another shot. I'll be blogging about everything that interests me. That means primarily politics, theology, history, monkeys, and sharks. You'll also probably notice that I cleared out the old posts. I don't really have any particular reason for that, just felt like a re-launched blog should start fresh. There's nothing like a big, blank, blog to give me an incentive to fill it up with my own meandering, semi-coherent ramblings.

Ok, that's enough of an intro. Anything else you're dying to know, shoot me an e-mail.